A Good First Week at UHD

Dear UHD Students,

This week, I began my tenure as the President of the University of Houston-Downtown. I’ve already had the opportunity to personally introduce myself to many of you. During my first days on campus, I interacted with many of you during “Pizza with the President” and have visited a few UHD classes. Events such as these were a perfect introduction to the Gator family.

I look forward to meeting more of you soon. If you see me on campus, don’t hesitate to introduce yourself. Hearing stories about your UHD experiences is both helpful and motivating. I’m particularly interested in learning about what you’re doing in the classroom and in the community. Your activities drive this institution, and I’m already learning about many great student initiatives.

Student success isn’t just one of my priorities here at UHD. It is among my highest priorities. Alongside my fellow faculty and staff members, I am committed to educating, graduating and serving all of the Gators who arrive at our campus.

Although the spring semester is coming to a close, my time here is just beginning. I am honored to be the President of this great institution and ready to help you finish UHD strong.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President