Hurricane Harvey

juan-sanchez-munozDear UHD Community,

As many of you are aware, the University is closing today at 1 p.m. in preparation for Hurricane Harvey. Faculty, staff and students are being asked to leave campus at that time, so UHD Police can secure the building. Classes and events are cancelled for the rest of the weekend. Further updates will be available soon.

In June, I shared a message regarding hurricane preparations. I encourage you to revisit that note for details on how to receive timely emergency notifications from the University.

The safety of our community is the number one priority here at UHD. I urge everyone to plan ahead for this storm and consult agencies such as the Regional Joint Information Center for additional guidance. Most importantly, exercise your best judgement regarding your well-being.

Whether you remain in Houston or decide to leave the city this weekend, stay safe and stay connected to the University. Regular updates will be shared after 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday through social media (Twitter, Facebook) and on the University’s home page.

We’re in this together as Houstonians and as Gators, and I am confident that our University community will emerge from this storm and be back on campus soon.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President