Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign

Dear UHD Community,

My one year anniversary as UHD President is just around the corner. In fact, it was almost exactly one year ago that the University of Houston System Board of Regents named me to this position. Over the course of the last year, I’ve experienced many firsts. My first commencement at Minute Maid Park, my first opportunity to experience a World Series Championship in Houston, my first visit to the International Space Station (via Skype, of course) and my first hurricane. Some firsts were better than others, but throughout all of these milestone moments, I’m grateful for what I’ve learned about your dedication and commitment to UHD, and I’m grateful to share these experiences with you.

Today, is another first for me. My first opportunity to ask you to join me and support the Give to Gators Campaign. Even today, before we officially begin the campaign, more than 100 of you have contributed over $32,000. Whether your gift is to an existing endowment or scholarship, to the Gator Relief Fund, or to a program or department, your gift matters. It’s a demonstration of your commitment to UHD students and to this institution.

When you participate in the Give to Gators Campaign you express your confidence in our programs and our students’ abilities to succeed. So today I invite you to join me by personally making your gift to the Campaign. And, I challenge you to encourage your colleagues to join you. Together, we can reach our goal of 60% participation in the campaign, but more importantly we can provide additional resources for our students.

Please join me for the campaign kickoff on Thursday, February 22, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Milam and Travis Rooms. We’ll enjoy a barbecue lunch and the opportunity to visit with colleagues and friends.

The campaign will run through March 20, but don’t wait. Make your gift today, so we can celebrate your commitment to UHD.