Dear University Community,
As you are aware, the University of Houston-Downtown is engaged in a search for its next Senior Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and Provost.
A new search committee is in place and will work alongside the consulting firm of Michael Wheless & Associates in identifying top candidates from across the country.
This committee will be chaired by Dr. Jerry Johnson, Assistant Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs. Members of this committee are as follows:
- Liza Alonzo, Director of UHD Alumni Relations
- Karen Kaser, Program Director of UHD’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences in Applied Administration
- Justo Manrique, Associate Dean in the Marilyn Davies College of Business
- Lisa Morano, Professor of Natural Sciences
- Vida Robertson, Director of UHD’s Center for Critical Race Studies
- Samuel Santos, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Leigh Van Horn, Interim Dean of the College of Public Service
- Daniel Villanueva, Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Hisao-Ming Wang, Professor of Criminal Justice and Faculty Senate President-Elect
- Sarah Walker, Associate Professor of Management and Insurance Risk Management
- Fred Williams, Managing Director and Partner of Salient Trust Co.
- Student Government Association President Elect – TBD
I thank these committee members for undertaking this very important task for our institution. The role of Provost is critical for any institution of higher education, and I am confident that the committee will soon identify qualified candidates for this position.
As this search progresses, the committee will keep me informed of its progress and provide updates to the University community on candidate visits and public forums when they are scheduled.