Good Luck on Finals, Gators!

Dear Students,

The end of the semester is fast approaching, and you are likely completing projects and papers, or studying for finals. This is a very busy time of the year, but remember that you have the full support of myself and the rest of the UHD Community.

You are not alone as you conclude the semester. In addition to your peers and professors, the University has many resources available to you. These include tutoring services across the University’s colleges, as well as UHD’s various labs and the Writing & Reading Center.

Our W.I. Dykes Library offers students a place to quietly study and conduct research. If you are seeking another place to work, you might consider the recently renovatedStudent Lounge on the second floor with its new furniture and other amenities.

You also might want to take a break from the books and blow off some steam in our Jesse H. Jones Student Life Center or perhaps take a walk or bike ride on the many trails surrounding our campus – including the new White Oak to Buffalo Downtown Trail that opens tomorrow.

Some of you will be graduating in May, and I look forward to personally congratulating you during the upcoming commencement ceremonies or at this weekend’s inaugural Ring Ceremony at 10 a.m. on Saturday.

If you are continuing your academic journey, I commend you and am pleased to welcome you back to campus either this summer or fall. Please note that registration is open, and financial aid is available for both semesters.

As a former student, I am well aware of the end-of-the-semester workload you are facing. I also know that UHD students are driven to succeed, and this semester’s finals are just another step toward your goal of Finishing UHD Strong.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President