CPS Dean Search

Dear UHD Community,

I am announcing today the commencement of a search for a permanent Dean of the College of Public Service.

Interim Dean, Dr. Leigh Van Horn has indicated to me that she will not be a candidate for this position, but has agreed to continue to serve in her role until a successor has been named. I recognize the many contributions she has made to the college and university, and very much appreciate her service over the last four years. UHD owes her a debt of gratitude.

Our new Dean of the Marilyn Davies College of Business, Dr. Charles Gengler, has agreed to serve as chair of the committee. In addition, I have appointed to the committee members of the faculty and staff of the college as well as a university representative. Also, UHD is in the final phase of contracting with the nationally recognized search firm Strobeck/Pimental & Associates to assist in this important search.

Below is a list of members serving on the committee:

Dean, College of Public Service Search Committee

• Dr. Charles Gengler, dean, Marilyn Davies College of Business (Chair)
  • Dr. Ronald Beebe, professor, College of Public Service
  • Dr. Ashley Blackburn, department chair, College of Public Service
  • Dr. Barbara Belbot, professor, College of Public Service
  • Dr. Heather Goltz, associate professor, College of Public Service
  • Dr. Angela Pedrana, associate professor, College of Public Service
  • Dr. Jeffrey Jackson, department chair, College of Humanities & Social Sciences
  • Mr. Stephen Quander, college business administrator, College of Public Service

Soon, I will be adding two community representatives, a student, and an alumnus to the committee.

I consider the College of Public Service as crucial to UHD’s efforts to fulfill its mission and achieve its goals. I am confident that the search will successfully identify the right person to lead the college into the next stage of its development.