Enrollment Update

Dear UHD Community,

This summer, we kicked off our ambitious 14,500 Enrollment Challenge for fall 2018. I am pleased to say that as of 10:20 a.m., this morning, early enrollment numbers are in, and we are at 14,564. (UPDATE: As of Aug. 27, enrollment numbers are at 14,666)

I learned of the campaign’s progress while attending yesterday’s University of Houston System Board of Regents meeting. Toward the end of this meeting, UH System Chancellor, Dr. Renu Khator, reviewed UHS institutions’ enrollment numbers and announced our progress to much applause. It was a proud moment for UHD.

The applause should not be limited to the boardroom. I would like to congratulate and thank everyone who worked diligently to support this campaign, including the divisions and departments such as Enrollment Management and the colleges. I also want to show my appreciation for units including Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Financials, Office of the Registrar, Academic Advising Center/Gator Success Center, college advising centers, joint advisers, staff members at our off-site locations such as UHD Northwest, Enrollment Communication, University Relations, and Information Technology.

I also want to commend the many Enrollment Heroes, faculty, and staff, who have made solid contributions to this effort. This teamwork reflects the “can do” spirit of our University Community and is yet another example of Gator Grit.

Your hard work and enthusiasm are inspiring … and will motivate our students to achieve great things this semester and beyond.

While this news gives everyone a reason to be proud, our work is not yet done. Our official enrollment will be reflected after the twelfth day of the semester. Although students are enrolled, they still require guidance in navigating our institution and its processes.

Offer assistance to those Gators seeking directions, in need of general assistance, or requiring academic counsel. Support our students and help them find solutions to begin their academic journeys and ultimately, Finish UHD Strong.

Again, thank you for your hard work in meeting our 14,500 Enrollment Challenge. I look forward to sharing more good news on this campaign soon.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President