Welcome Provost Link!

Dear UHD Community,

We begin the spring semester with a new addition to the University of Houston-Downtown. I am pleased to welcome Dr. Eric Carl Link to our institution as its new Senior Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs and Provost.

He arrives at UHD with more than 20 years of higher education experience and a passion for student success. Our university is fortunate to have Dr. Link as our chief academic officer, and I look forward to working closely with him.

I would also like to welcome his family—wife Laura, son Nolan and daughter Natalie—to our UHD family and to Houston.

Those who have yet to meet Provost Link will have an opportunity to do so during a reception scheduled from 3 to 4:30 p.m., Jan. 29 in the Welcome Center. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to RSVP for this reception.

Today marks a new era for our university. I anticipate great things from our new Provost and am certain he is prepared to work tirelessly to help our university succeed and our students Finish UHD Strong.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President