Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear UHD Community,

The semester is slowly winding down, and I know many of you are completing end of semester projects and possibly preparing for graduation. In spite of any looming deadlines, I hope that all of you have a restful Thanksgiving spent with family and friends.

I could not help but notice that members of the University Community began celebrating early during pre-holiday luncheons and other events here on campus. The festive atmosphere during the past week was certainly a reminder that our faculty, staff and students comprise a vibrant extended family here at UHD.

The collegiality of the UHD Community is just one reason to be thankful for this season. This semester, our institution has had many proud moments. We opened the new College of Sciences & Technology Building, hosted a national news event, welcomed policy makers and thought leaders, celebrated our notable alumni in a citywide billboard campaign, and continued to develop partnerships with other institutions of higher education.

I encourage all of you to reflect on reasons to be thankful this season and to return from the break refreshed and ready to Finish UHD Strong.

Sincerely,

Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President