Dear Faculty, Staff & Students,
In response to the City of Houston’s COVID-19 Emergency Health Declaration and Harris County’s Public Health Disaster Declaration, the University of Houston-Downtown is taking the following actions:
• March 16 – 22: All classes will be suspended March 16 – 22 including face-to-face classes, online classes and labs.
• March 23 – April 4: All course-related activities scheduled between March 23 and April 4 will be conducted online. By April 4, UHD will assess whether to continue conducting instruction online.
• Students, including Student Workers, should not come to campus March 16 – 22.
• Faculty and Staff should report to work as regularly scheduled. A limited number of student employees may be contacted to perform mission critical work related to the implementation of online instruction. All UHD sites will remain open, including Downtown, UHD Northwest, Lone Star College CyFair and Kingwood.
• All UHD events scheduled March 16 – April 4 will be canceled, postponed or conducted online.
• Facilities will continue to be maintained using aggressive sanitization and hygiene protocols as recommended by authorities. This includes increased custodial cleaning and the availability of hand sanitizer dispensers at all entrances, common areas and elevators.
Presently, UHD has no confirmed cases of COVID-19. Continue to practice preventative measures to prevent exposure or spread of this virus. Wash your hands regularly; use hand sanitizer when necessary; if you are sick, do not come to work or to campus; and avoid others who may be sick.
Additional details on COVID-19, including UHD travel policies and resources are available on the University’s Coronavirus Website.
This is a fluid and changing situation. Further information will be regularly available through the previously mentioned website and through email.
Dr. Juan Sánchez Muñoz, UHD President